Monday, February 4, 2008

My Morning Run: Marathon Class Begins

Friday morning began as most do for me: laying in bed listening to the fourth alarm going off and me contemplating if I should get up and go run. I finally decided to get up and throw on my smelly running close because this Friday morning was the first group run with the marathon class. 60 whole minutes of sucking wind and trail pounding. What fun!!! No really what fun.

What fun it was, because for the first time (or at least the last few years) I was not the slowest person in the pack. I found four other ladies who suck wind as bad as I do and move just as slow. 30 minutes in to the run as I made my way back down Evans Canyon, it was brought to my attention that there was a coyote running along side us on the opposite hill side. What could be better than a brisk morning run up a local trail and seeing one of the most adaptable creatures on Earth--not a whole lot.

It is moments like this that keep me lacing up my shoes every morning.

No comments: