Sunday, February 17, 2008

Life Viewed from Inside the Fish Bowl

Let me explain:

In my living room there is a large front window, what I like to call the fish bowl. It is one of those windows that puts its occupants on display for the neighborhood. It is the sort of window that has to be opened to let light in, but also big enough to be cost prohibitive, for a renter to "redress."

This being said it does provide the opportunity for fascinating observations to be made. With this in mind, this section of the blog is going to be devoted to what this fish sees outside her bowl.

Recent sighting:
Yesterday afternoon after arriving home from a brief but excellent bike ride to the grocery store, I came into the living room to turn on the radio when I spied this older woman (think of your G-ma) walking down the street pushing what looked like one of those walkers with a seat. Upon closer examination, all while trying not to look like I was staring out at her, I saw that the walker was in fact a dog stroller.

Hmmm, perhaps her dog is as old as she is. Maybe she just likes taking the dog for a walk. Oh the fun stuff you see when looking out from the inside.

2 comments:

The Goat's Friend said...

Those things weird me out ... dog strollers? But then, I am inclined to start fuming (in general, quietly, and to myself), when I see people (men AND women) driving with a lap dog balanced on their left arm, which is hanging out a car or truck window ... And I think, "distracted driving" is supposed to be so all-fired dangerous. But here are people with an entire DOG draped across their arm?

I guess it could be worse ... who was it who went off on someone (one of our Presidential campaigners) because someone showed up with a ferret? Was it John McCain? Perhaps ...

Anyway, people and pets: Weird interactions, but so long as it makes us happy ...

Kevin's Blogs said...

Really? A dog stroller? What other kinds of interesting things have you seen from your fish bowl? I just think that people have strange relations with their dogs because they are loved so much.