Monday, June 9, 2008

Hiatus

Recently I took a bit of break from school. I needed to clear the head about this whole thesis thing, especially after I got a smack down from my advisor on chapter two. So I headed to Track Town, better known as Eugene, Oregon.

While there I took in the Saturday Market, always a pleasure, and a mountain bike ride. Yes I still occasionally ride and this was the most glorious mud-filled-hell-of-a-climb-first-time in the northwest ride I have ever done. I bitched and moaned all the way up, crashed (over the bars) in the first 200 feet of the downhill and laughed my ass off when riding through the mud holes.

So here are a three action shots of me coming down a section of trail. See if you can describe the expression on my face in picture two (I describe it as oh shit don't fall.)






1 comment:

Neil said...

That looks like an amazing ride, the lack of mountains out here in DC is terrible! I'm glad you were able to get a break from school and go get beat up on your bike a little bit!!